CNC Molds N Stuff is the Premier Custom Mold Maker for The Small Tackle Makers of the World

CNC Molds N Stuff is who makes the page possible. Dedicated to getting custom molds done quicker. Adding unique original off the shelf designs as well. CNC Molds N Stuff - Makes This Website Possible
Have a new idea for a swimbait?  Figured out the perfect new jig design?
Want to design a whole line of molds for your new bait company? 
CNC Molds N Stuff
can help.  How about other things?  That why it says N STUFF.

* Social Login

Author Topic: NEWS From: CNC MOLDS N STUFF  (Read 1850 times)

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NEWS From: CNC MOLDS N STUFF
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
NEW MACHINE COMING NEXT WEEK

Well, I am still running on one CNC milling machine, but I have a new small envelope high speed machine arriving next week.  It won't do some of the big molds I cut, but it will crank out some of the high detail molds much faster.  I imagine it will take a week or two to get it setup and cutting into the work load.  I need to make a stand for it, and figure out how I want to manage cutting coolant. 

RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

I have also started retrofitting the machine that went down on me back in April.  I could probably get the stock electronics to work with lots more fiddling, but I think I can make the machine perform not only properly, but better than the stock setup.  I may reuse some stuff, but I have taken everything off and will pick and choose.  I am hoping I'll be able to get faster acceleration out of it if not faster max rapid speeds.  I've found good acceleration numbers have a lot more impact on total job time for this sort of work. 

HYBRID MACHINE BUILDS

Long term I am still accumulating parts for my hybrid machine builds.  I have ball screws and frameworks for three of them.  I also recently acquired a whole office full of salvage computers that I can go through to see if any will be good for machine controllers.  So far it looks like three of them will be good.  Some of the older machines might be as well. 

CNC LATHE

My little CNC lathe build is on hold.  I've just been to darn busy keeping CNC mills running so I can keep getting your molds done.  When I have two or three mills running reliably instead of just one I'll spend some time on it.  Since its a small lathe I am considering C-Axis controlling the spindle and using it as a 4th axis on the table of the big mill.   I can lift it by hand if I have to, but I do have a cherry picker if need be.  I also just considered putting some live tooling on it.  I have time to think about it though.  The middle weight lathe is handling all the turning, and I really need to get other mills and/or hybrid machines going first. 

Latest news from - Bob

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS From: CNC MOLDS N STUFF
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
Well its here.  I've been playing with it for a few days now.  It came with a stand and coolant system, but I still need to make splash guards and do some more testing. 

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS From: CNC MOLDS N STUFF
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 07:27:16 AM »
Wow, that has been a while now since I got that machine. 

I have since purchased two more small high speed machines, and have had them for some time.  Atleast a couple years. 

In fact I just recently purchased another new machines.  This one is a little bigger than the high speed mill, not quite as fast, but has an automatic tool changer.  I'm still in the process of setting it up.  It might be a couple weeks before I make my first molds with it.