CNC Molds N Stuff is the Premier Custom Mold Maker for The Small Tackle Makers of the World

CNC Molds N Stuff is who makes the page possible. Dedicated to getting custom molds done quicker. Adding unique original off the shelf designs as well. CNC Molds N Stuff - Makes This Website Possible
Have a new idea for a swimbait?  Figured out the perfect new jig design?
Want to design a whole line of molds for your new bait company? 
CNC Molds N Stuff
can help.  How about other things?  That why it says N STUFF.

Author Topic: Cool idea for one-sided hand pour molds  (Read 68 times)

senkosam

• View Profile
Cool idea for one-sided hand pour molds
« on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
I bought an aluminum mold about a month ago if a 4" worm with paddle tail. Like any one sided mold, one flat sided lure is to be expected unless the cavity is slightly over filled. What I've done is pour the mold making sure the flat side is even with the mold's surface and then after the lure cools, dipping the front 1.5" of the worm near the tapered tail forming a thicker body. I've been doing that anyway for my minnow shapes with super thin tails where no mold is used. Using soft plastic should give that worm's tail a fantastic shimmy. Can't wait to try it if the weather gets a bit warmer.

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cool idea for one-sided hand pour molds
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »
Dipping to achieve different affects is a great technique.  Another I've seen is to do that with swimbaits and jerk baits to get a laminated "look."