CNC Molds N Stuff is the Premier Custom Mold Maker for The Small Tackle Makers of the World

CNC Molds N Stuff is who makes the page possible. Dedicated to getting custom molds done quicker. Adding unique original off the shelf designs as well. CNC Molds N Stuff - Makes This Website Possible
Have a new idea for a swimbait?  Figured out the perfect new jig design?
Want to design a whole line of molds for your new bait company? 
CNC Molds N Stuff
can help.  How about other things?  That why it says N STUFF.
ORDER YOURS TODAY
Wear it proudly to your next tournament.
Embroidered  Logo Cap   ==>

Custom embroidered CNC Molds N Stuff logo truckers cap.

* Social Login

Author Topic: midifying soft plastic lures with candle or glue can be a big improvement  (Read 532 times)

spoonminnow

• View Profile
I've been modifying soft plastic lures for years and it seems it's helps me catch far more fish than the originals that the parts were taken from.

Here are a few:

parts taken from a plastic lizard:

Shortening lures or using pieces cut from lures can make all the difference when fish are less aggressive:

Some baits require no changes to the original such as the Crappie Magnet and some thin straight tail grubs:

I think I continue to find fishing a challenge only because of being able to discover the infinite amount of good lures that are superior to so many other sold or at least on par. I'm not the dedicated bass angler I used to be when I fished tournaments, but don't mind if a decent bass or catfish bites my lures:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:15:29 AM by Bob La Londe »

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice.  I like your approach.  You come up with some great stuff that way..