CNC Molds N Stuff is the Premier Custom Mold Maker for The Small Tackle Makers of the World

CNC Molds N Stuff is who makes the page possible. Dedicated to getting custom molds done quicker. Adding unique original off the shelf designs as well. CNC Molds N Stuff - Makes This Website Possible
Have a new idea for a swimbait?  Figured out the perfect new jig design?
Want to design a whole line of molds for your new bait company? 
CNC Molds N Stuff
can help.  How about other things?  That why it says N STUFF.
ORDER YOURS TODAY
Wear it proudly to your next tournament.
Embroidered  Logo Cap   ==>

Custom embroidered CNC Molds N Stuff logo truckers cap.

* Social Login

Author Topic: Copic Airbrush System ???  (Read 396 times)

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Copic Airbrush System ???
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
Copic Airbrush System

I had somebody yesterday telling me about the Copic airbrush system.  It sounded intriguing, so I looked it up and watched a couple videos.  It sounds like a basic non-adjustable setup from what I have seen so far.  Also the statement by one user in a video that you have to use the Copic markers kind of set off an alarm with me.  It seems like a simple easy system to use with little or no cleanup at the expensive of only being able to use one kind of paint, and basically having a system that's good for stenciling, but not so much for any detail hand work.  I guess that might be okay for hard baits (if they have the colors you want), but might leave out soft bait painters.

I've been slammed on one tackle making forum before for offering an opinion of something without owning one, so I would like to hear the opinions of anybody who is actually using one for tackle making. 

I know its possible to do great or atleast acceptable work with limited tools.  I've painted hard baits with a rattle can, and then finished details with a rattle can and stencils so I know its possible to create fish catching color patterns with very limited tools.  I used use paint markers to add details to some factory baits as well.  I know some use nail polish creatively as well.

Anyway, I am curious.  Is the Copic airbrush is capable of more than just rattle can and stencil type painting?