CNC Molds N Stuff is the Premier Custom Mold Maker for The Small Tackle Makers of the World

CNC Molds N Stuff is who makes the page possible. Dedicated to getting custom molds done quicker. Adding unique original off the shelf designs as well. CNC Molds N Stuff - Makes This Website Possible
Have a new idea for a swimbait?  Figured out the perfect new jig design?
Want to design a whole line of molds for your new bait company? 
CNC Molds N Stuff
can help.  How about other things?  That why it says N STUFF.
ORDER YOURS TODAY
Wear it proudly to your next tournament.
Embroidered  Logo Cap   ==>

Custom embroidered CNC Molds N Stuff logo truckers cap.

* Social Login

Author Topic: Basic Machining Operations  (Read 298 times)

Bob La Londe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Basic Machining Operations
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:01:09 AM »
I think with all the information out there today and the number of highly knowledgeable home shop machinist there are we often forget that the new guy probably doesn't know the basics. The video posted by flylo made me think of these.

I seem to recall the original series was produce out of MIT and there were more videos, but I could have misrecalled. In just about every video there is one or two things I disagree with or think isn't quite right, but there is a lot of great basic getting started beginner information in these. There is nothing that moves me to start trash talking in the comments.

They are relatively long (30-40 minutes), but they are in my opinion a good basic survey of many manual machine operations.

Basic Metal-Working Skills, Part One

Basic Metal-Working Skills, Part Two

Basic Metal-Working Skills, Part Three