+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

About The Blind Squirrel

Started by Blind Squirrel, Jun 08, 2024, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind Squirrel

Even a Blind Squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.  Even this old bait slinger catches a fish once in a while.

I've followed Bob (CNC Molds N Stuff) since he just had a blog only subdomain website at hyper mart well over 20 years ago.  Long before he started CNC Molds N stuff.  When he started a fishing forum I was the second member to sign up.

I learned to bass fish by following what Bob learned and posted online, and when he started CNC Molds N Stuff I was one of the first (I think) people to buy a publicly available mold from him.  I think he had been making custom molds for people for a number of years, but I didn't have an original idea of my own to have made custom.

I bought a 4 inch Club-O mold and a little later a Curly Buzz Frog mold.  Bob taught me how to make baits his way, and I tweaked it a little to suit myself.  I have caught a lot of fish on them.  I am currently looking at an RT35 or an RT45 creature mold to add to my mix for flipping.  I think if Bob hadn't shared how many different ways I can fish a Club-O I might have bought more molds from him.  His generosity with his knowledge probably cost him a few dollars there.  LOL. 

I fish almost exclusively baits I made myself in molds I bought from CNC molds N Stuff. 

I am curious to find out how that floating frog mold idea is coming along.  I know the failure post he made has to have been just a teaser.

As a part time angler.  I do believe just being out there is amazing, but as Bob used to say (maybe he still does), "Yes, fishing beats not fishing, but catching beats not catching."  Thanks to his help I don't go out an not catch very often.