+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Making Stick Worms

Started by CNC Molds N Stuff, May 15, 2024, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNC Molds N Stuff

My personal formula is a little different from the classic Senko(tm) formula.  I get about the right fall rate with 1/4 cup of salt to 1 full cup of MF Soft Sinking. 

That is actually a little less salt than what I found was closer to the Yamamoto(tm) formula.  I got very close with 1/3 cup of salt added to 1 full cup of Super Soft.  Since the super soft is slightly buoyant it needed a little more salt to get the right fall rate. 

The super soft formulas are slightly less durable than the Soft Sinking and because it has more salt there are more tear lines.  The original Yamamoto Senko (tm) is famous for often being a one fish bait.  I make a mold called the "Club-O." Using the 1/4 cup salt to 1 cup MF Soft Sinking I often catch multiple fish on each bait before having to put on a fresh one.  The other day I caught nine fish on a single Club-O.  Then I caught a couple more before switching over to a Square Back Minnow (same salt formula), and finally finishing off my night with a Curly Buzz Frog using MF Regular. 

P.S.  You are doing yourself a huge disservice if you are calling your stick worms Senkos (tm) in my opinion.  Take a formula like I use that is different and in my opinion better and give your stick baits your own name.  Make people want to come back to you for yours.  Don't make people think you are just the same old same old or worse a cheap knockoff. 

The biggest key after that is to suspend the salt in the plastic.  If you leave it set for even a minute the salt settles out to the bottom.  A good stirring system is best, but you can do okay of you give it a rapid uplifting stir right before you pull plastic into your injector.