Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Running Boards For New Truck

Started by CNC Molds N Stuff, Sep 03, 2024, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNC Molds N Stuff

TWO STEP - Running Boards - ???

I picked up a brand new F250 FX4 (just an XL) on Saturday.  My wife can't get in without a step stool, and while she can slide out it is a long way to the ground and she says it can be painful. 

I find its a long way down myself.  I'm not really tall, but at 5'10" I'm not short either.  When I turn and slide half off the seat my toe is still several inches from the ground. 

Yes, I know all the arguments about ground clearance, but I have 4WD for utility.  Not for boony bouncing.  I had added a single step bar to my old 2500HD (still have it for now), and even when I got it stuck it wasn't the bars on the sand.  It was the differentials. 

Anyway, I am looking at running boards / steps for the new truck.  I would prefer not to have to fall the last few inches out of the truck myself.  Powered running boards are a maybe for me.  There is already to much electronic wizardry on this truck to go wonky.  LOL.  A single running board might be enough for me, but my wife is going to need two steps.  Maybe similar height steps to the step stool I picked up at the hardware store on the way home so she could get in after we had lunch. 

I know everybody has their own bias and opinion on this subject, but please try to look at it from our point of view.  We aren't you.  I would be very thankful for any useful ideas or suggestions... well other than just carry a step stool around in the back of the truck.  I already do that. 

Flat Baits

Everybody seems to either like Areies Autotrac or Amp Research for just about anythign when it comes to retractable steps. 

Flat Baits

Quote from: Flat Baits on Sep 12, 2024, 03:39 PMEverybody seems to either like Aries Autotrac or Amp Research for just about anything when it comes to retractable steps.  Jeep, F-Series.  Silverado. Anything.

CNC Molds N Stuff

Yeah, I am looking at the Aries running boards.  I hope they hold up to the sand here in the desert.