+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Caney Creek Molds & Plastisol Choices

Started by CNC Molds N Stuff, Aug 04, 2024, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNC Molds N Stuff

When I first started making soft plastic baits I tried quite a number of different plastisol formulas. I tried Calhoun's, Chemeonics, MF, whatever JannsNetcraft sold, Polysol, and more.  Eventually I settled on MF, but they are currently not selling plastisol while the owner goes through his current changes. 

MF wasn't perfect, but it was consistent and I found my own mixes that worked year after year.  I recommend them to my own customers many times. 

I'm almost out of platisol and I don't know when or if MF is going to resume manufacturing. I have been on the search for a new plastic to use in the interim. I've already tried a few. 

Of course Calhoun's is still around, and I know how it used to perform. It was generally satisfactory.

Caney Creek Molds used to have "their own" line of plastisol called Injectasol and Pourasol.  I thought that went away when they sold out to Do-It molds, but recently somebody reminded me that Lureworks has their own brand of plastisol.  Injectasol and Pourasol.  I did not like Caney Creek's plastisol.  Maybe I just didn't use it right, but I didn't like it.  I'd like to know if the stuff from Lureworks by the same name is the same stuff.  If not I'll buy some to try, but like many of you I don't have money to throw away.  If it's the same stuff I don't want to try it again. 

I've tried Dead On and experienced some of the issues others have reported.  Supposedly the have a line that is better, but they also still sell the older lines. 

Bait plastics isn't to bad, and might become my choice, but I am still testing my way through their full line sample pack.  Some people have reported an issue that I have not yet experienced, but even if the issue is true it's not as bad as the issues reported and experienced with Dead On. 

It looks like Do-It molds has their own new to the industry line of plastisol.  I'll be trying that soon enough, but they only have three formulas.  Soft, medium, hard.  Want anything else and you will have to modify it. 

In the past for my own baits I used MF Soft Sinking and MF Regular.  They filled my needs adequately.  I have a little of those left, but they will be running out soon.